The charges are transported from out the station with manual or electric drive, transported to the avalanche starting zone and then detonated over the snow cover.
By using a charge carrier, up to 4 charges can be carried and dropped in one run by means of remote radio control.
Cableway drive is available with a crank or electric motor.
Advantages and Disadvantages
- blasting above the snow
- massive saving of time by reduction of the number of runs
- weather independent and rapid triggering
- the device can be used in several cableways
- low weight of 11 kg or 16 kg respectively
- no personnel in the danger zone
- time delay to do avalanche control work
- susceptible to breakdowns caused by rime and wind
- possibly difficult and time consuming access to drive station